Monday, September 17, 2012

"DUNAMIS"...Say What?

     As most every Christian knows, a revival (greater than one ever seen before) is desperately needed in America today!  As many Christians fervently are praying for that revival to outbreak today.  Along with others I am sure, I admit that I have been praying for God to show me exactly what is needed from us to see the kinds of firery revivals that are sparked by soul grabbing prophecy and miraculous healings that the Holy Spirit can pour on us so that God gets the attention of people worldwide.  Along with that attention will come the praise, glory, and honor due to only God on such a massive scale that we in America and other countries alike have denied our Heavenly Father for too long!  (I say what is needed or required of us because the lack of these long lasting revivals coloured by attention grabbing signs and wonders are not hard to find here in America because of God...rather He is waiting for us.)

     My common sense answers to why we are not experiencing the types of miraculous healings on such a regular basis as were experienced in Christ's time are:
          1) We let our desires for materialism outweigh our desires for our Heavenly Father's will to be done
          2) We have faith in  our minds, but struggle to have faith in our hearts
          3) We pray in our own selfish desires instead of in God's will
          4) We spend too much time talking in our prayer life and not listening
          5) We have such a hard time fully believing God's grace for our lives that we do not feel worthy
               to pray with a sense of expectation.
.....This list can go on and on, but that would be depressing to a degree.  It also does not answer my question of what is needed from us to change these things.  As we have always been taught, there is a long list of things we should not do; as well as a lengthy list of what we should do.  But as I am growing in my relationship with God, I have realized that we make it a lot more difficult than it has to be!  This brings me back to my original question : What is needed from us to unleash the upcoming revival that will change not only America but this world?  What will put a fear of God back in the lives of many who no longer even think much at all about God?

     Then a word came to me....DUNAMIS.  And I said do what?  But sure enough, as I turned through those obscure channels where you can find several 24 - 7 Christian channels, there it was...DUNAMIS.

     Apparently Dunamis is a greek word with a few meanings.  Two of which are "to be excellent of soul" and "the power given to perform miraculous healings." 

     Okay, this is an awesome start, but how do I find this dunamis or shall I say achieve dunamis?  According to this teaching by a Pastor and researcher Sid Roth, one has to have your "soul wounds" healed and then the greek word dunamis (from our helper the Holy spirit) can come into us through the blood shed by Christ on the cross, along with Christ's resurrection power.  Your soul wounds that remain without healing are what contributes to a lackluster prayer life. 

     According to this Tim Roth, one of the largest soul wounds inflicting the church today is the wound of offense...Simply put, holding onto something someone has done to offend you.  Not only does this cripple your own prayer life, but also can cripple a church too (as I am sure many Pastors would attest to.)  By holding onto an offense, you are therefore holding onto unforgiveness.  As it is stated in the bible, you cannot be forgiven if you do not forgive others.  If you cannot be forgiven, you cannot enter Heaven.  So if that is where many of us are at (whether we realize it or not) then how can we possibly expect to have the Holy Spirit operate in us strongly enough to see true long lasting revivals and everyday miracles in a prayer life I believe God desires for us to have.  Not just for us to experience His power and blessings, but so that the world can see His power alive and well today....so He can have the glory, honor, and praise He deserves.  (Instead of the mockery, doubt, and rejection He currently gets.)  Also with this type of movement people will experience lasting change and take back the power over the enemy that God has given us.  The power over sickness, anger, bitterness, unforgeness, disease, etc!

     In closing, I have decided to begin to pray something along the lines of:  Dear Heavenly Father,
along with the sins I am aware of, please also remove any sin of offense that I may be holding onto.  Thank You for Your atonement and washing away my sins including any offense my heart harbors and replace those areas with Your ressurection power and help me to become excellent of soul. 

    Other prayers and meditation are also needed daily, but by sincerely praying this I believe we will start to see the awesome move of God that many of us yearn for.  Even though a wealthy nation full of materialism like ours has more to overcome than 3rd world nations that see this mighty move of God on a much more regular basis.  I believe that by us overcoming more obstacles to get there, the power of God, the Son, and the Holy Spirit will be that much stronger!
    
     ARE YOU READY FOR WHAT GOD IS ABOUT TO DO?

    

No comments:

Post a Comment