Monday, August 20, 2012

"Fear Not"

     With all of the uncertainty and questions around different news coming out of independent news sources about the times we live in (including some of the information I discovered in my research for "A Bullet For Everyone") it would be easy to let your concern transform into fear.  While this information is good in that it can inform you of matters you would otherwise be left in the dark about, we should never allow this information to cause us to fear the future.  While we know there will be tribulations in the road ahead, we also have Christ's assurance that we (christians) WILL be victorious in the end! 
    
     The knowledge of what is unfolding right before our eyes should actually invigorate us to realize that we are actually witnessing bible prophecy being fulfilled.  Just another reminder to us that: God's not dead, he is surely alive, living on the inside, roaring like a lion!...just like the powerful, popular christian song states! 

     This dark world we live in desperately needs to see a mighty, powerful, lasting move of God.  I KNOW we are right on the verge of witnessing this coming to past!   Just as there are powerfully dark forces at work, I truthfully believe we are going to be absolutely blown away by the move of God just on the horizon.  While I know we are to respect our elders; I also believe this movement will be sparked by our youth!  While the older generations tend to get comftorable in the status quo and normalcy of life and christian service (no disrespect intended) it is the youth who are constantly searching for something that is real, genuine, cutting edge, and trully awesome and unique!

     All of this has lead me down memory lane.  I remember March 27, 1994.  (Two days before my 17th birthday.)  I recieved a prophetic word that I would one day work with youth.  That I would be like the tree planted by the river and I would bare fruit in due season.  And that all I did would prosper as I was a leader like Joshua.  (It went on to say many other things too.)  As life went on the hope of such things seemed to fade very far away.  Due to life variables, poor decisions, and allowing the enemy to steal my joy I fell away from God and have had to endure much pain as a result. 

     As only God can do, much like the prodigal son, I have come full circle and back to the faith.  I have been realizing of late that a door will open for me to step back into his plan for my life.  While I could have had a much easier path to get there, the struggles I have endured will only help me to better understand what today's youth struggle with so I can be more effective at what He has in store for me.  After being in a certain industry for 15 years, it is a scary step of faith to realize it is time to look for that open door he has for me.

     I am sure there are others who can relate with some if not all of this topic.  Together we must remember that what satan has meant to use to destroy us, God will use to propel us into a stronger spirit filled, purpose driven life.  For God has not given us a spirit of fear but a spirit of love, peace, and a sound mind. 
(2 Timothy 1:7)  So may we all remember to fear not! 

No comments:

Post a Comment