Tuesday, August 28, 2012

"Reach Out and Touch This World"

     I heard a very interesting fact on AFR Radio (Christian Talk Radio) yesterday.  Apparently in a recent poll performed by CNN, 62% of U.S. citizens are either against abortion under any circumstance or only approve of abortion in rare cases of rape or incest (which are less than 1% of all cases!)  Wow, 62% of population are against abortion, yet our elected officials refuse to take a stand and overturn the existing abortion laws!  I may be a simpleton, but I thought that in a republic (such as the United States of America) our elected officials were to represent the people and the majority rules in a Democratic nation.

     I can only hope that as Christians we are doing a better job of representing our Father in Heaven than our elected officials are doing at representing the majority of citizens!  It does not take a PHD to see that we are living in a very dark world in need of a savior!  I pray everyday that I will continue to grow into the man, father, husband, son, brother, Christian, and leader that I am suppose to be. 

     The only way for us to mature into the walk God has called us into (which is a daily growth experience) is to be fed.  Just as Olympians cannot compete without proper nutrition and training, Christians need to be fed also in order to become the salt of the earth and light of the world we have been called to be!  Beside reading your bible, praying to God, and trying on your own to develop a true relationship with Christ, it is more important now than ever to find a good Church Family where you can be fed and encouraged. 

     After attending a certain church for several years (and being fed and encouraged off and on) I was reluctant to make a change (even though I was being called by God to make a change.)  The majority reason for this reluctance was due to my children being constantly fed and encouraged by the youth programs at the church I was attending.  This was very important to me as our youth is the only hope for the future!  However, over the past month or so, the tug at my spirit to take that leap and attend elsewhere was too strong to ignore any longer. 

     This past week I finally attended at Gospel Temple Worship Center (the church I felt God was calling me to for close to a month now.)  I instantly felt at home.  The spirit of God is alive and well in that place.  Pastor Tim Howell has the desire and vision to see great things of God.  I truthfully believe that Gospel Temple Worship Center (GTWC) is right on the verge of seeing an awesome move of the spirit and burst of growth that only comes from putting God 1st and desiring to reach the lost and broken.

     As I mentioned above, as Christians we must be fed in order to battle against the powers of darkness in this world.  If you are not in a church now (or if you are in a church but are not being fed) I would encourage you (if you are in the Florence SC, Timmonsville SC, or surrounding areas) to come to Gospel Temple Worship Center (if heading towards Timmonsville on Palmetto, it is on the right just past the I 95 overpass.)  I believe the early service is at 8 or 8 30 and second service is at 10.  We need to join together in a place where God's spirit will be allowed to lead (so we can be fed and encouraged) in order to reach out and touch this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment